Information for Presenters
Oral and Poster submission guidelines and Poster setup/removal information.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Oral presenters have been assigned either 15 (oral presentations) or 20 (invited oral presentations) minutes for the presentation depending on the submission type. This time includes discussion/Q&A time. It is recommended to leave 2-5 minutes for discussion.
- The meeting room is equipped with the following:
Lecturn Desktop Computer
- Oral presenters are required to bring their presentation on USB and load onto the lecturn computer on the day of their talk. Please be aware that powerpoint notes view will not be available when using our lecturn computer for presentation. If you must use your personal laptop to present from please be aware that we are a PC compatible venue. You must provide your own adapters or dongles for your personal laptop to connect to our system.
- Slides are best created in 16:10 aspect ratio to fit the screens appropriately.
- Wireless internet is available but it is not recommended for streaming videos. If you will be showing video during your talk, it is recommended to download and embed the video in your presentation.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- The ideal Poster size is A0 (A0 is 841 × 1189 mm).
- Posters must be created in portrait format.
- Velcro will be available to attach your poster to the poster board. Tape, glue and other adhesives are not to be used on the poster boards.
- Your presentation position will be designated by a card with the presenting author name and abstract title.
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure text is in large font (should be able to see from 4 ft. away)
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colorful
- Do not include an abstract
- Avoid titles with colons
- Don’t use underlining, use italics instead
Poster presentations will be divided into 3 sessions and arranged based on poster themes. Posters will be on display as follows:
Poster Session 1
- Monday July 8, 2019, between 4:30pm and 6:00pm
Poster Session 2
- Tuesday July 9, 2019, between 4:30pm and 6:00pm
Poster Session 3
- Thursday July 11, 2019, between 4:30pm and 6:00pm
Please ensure you are present at your poster during your scheduled poster session from 4.30pm-6pm
It is recommended that you put up your poster in the morning and you are welcome to use coffee/tea and lunch break times to present your poster or have further discussion
Poster Set-up / Removal
Poster presenters may be setup on the morning of their presentation day.
Posters must be removed at the end of their allocated presentation slot.
Posters not removed by the above noted times will be removed and disposed of accordingly.
Student Poster Prize
Spectrochimica Acta A are sponsoring a poster prize for the best student poster overall.
The ICAVS10 committee will award a student poster prize for each poster session (Total of 3)