Call for AbstractsSubmissions will be accepted from October 1 – March 14 2019
Please use the tabs below to view all submission guidlines. Please ensure you are familar with all guidelines prior to submitting your abstract using the button above.
- Abstract submission (including Permission to Publish)
- Presentation types
- Conference session themes
- Abstract selection criteria
- Abstract template
- Abstract notification
Abstract TemplateAll presenters are required to download and use the ICAVS10 Abstract Template to format their Abstract. Please note: The format of, and instructions for, the template will need to be followed for the abstract to be considered for review. Abstracts must be submitted in Microsoft Word format only.
Plenary and Invited SpeakersPlenary and Invited speakers are expected to follow all abstract submission guidlenes and invited to submit their abstracts via the online submission portal. Presenters should identify their plenary and invited talks as such using the appropriate “presentation type” during submission. Plenary speakers are allocated 45 minutes (inclusive of question time) for their presentation. Invited speakers are allocated 20 minutes (inclusive of question time) for their presentation.
1. Abstract submission (including Permission to Publish) When submitting an abstract, you will be required to provide the following information in the portal and in your abstract respectively. If accepted, your abstract will be published in the ICAVS10 Conference Handbook. Portal
- Abstract title (should reflect the content of the presentation)
- Name, affiliation and contact details of the corresponding (presenting) Author
- Preferred presentation type (Oral presentation or Poster)
- Permission (or not) to publish your Abstract online post-conference
- Acknowledgement that the presenting Author will register and attend ICAVS10
- Abstract title (same as in the portal)
- Names, affiliations and email addresses of the presenting Author and any Co-author(s)
- Keywords; one of which should be the ICAVS10 theme that the presentation fits within
- Abstract text
- The completed Abstract in prescribed Template format should be uploaded as a Microsoft Word file
2. Presentation types There will be TWO presentation types (Oral and Poster) at ICAVS10. Both are equally valued contributions. Different presentation formats may be best suited to different kinds of content. Delegates are encouraged to choose their preferred presentation format. However, the final presentation type will be determined by the ICAVS10 Program Committee. Please note that if your Abstract is accepted, the presenting author will be expected to register as a conference delegate by the due date. Failure to register will result in removal of your presentation from the conference programme. Posters will be on display in the ICAVS10 Exhibition and Networking area and will provide opportunities for relaxed discussion throughout the conference. Posters should be portrait A0. A0 is 841 × 1189 mm.
3. Conference session themes Authors of abstracts for both oral and poster presentation types are required to categorise their abstract to assist the ICAVS10 Programme Committee with their task of grouping related presentations. ICAVS10 Themes and associated Topic Areas are listed below:
- Linear and non-linear vibrational spectroscopy
- Instrumentation development
- Computational methods and theory
- Data Extraction, interpretation and knowledge
- Tip-enhanced methods
- Time resolved spectroscopy and dynamics
- Vibrational optical activity
- Surface spectroscopy, plasmonics, SERS & SEIRA
- Spectroscopy in industry
- Material science
- Miniaturization and handheld instruments
- Approaches to big data analysis
- Gas spectroscopy and monitoring
- Food security and quality
- Biomedical spectroscopy and diseases characterization
- Pharmaceuticals: understanding, characterization and quality
- Planetary, astronomical, and interstellar physics and chemistry
- Applications in life sciences
- Cultural heritage
4. Abstract selection criteria The ICAVS10 Programme Committee will attempt to accommodate the preferred presentation type for all delegates. The number of oral presentations that can be accommodated in the programme is limited, hence the number of delegates requesting oral presentations may exceed the places available. If the demand for oral presentations exceeds the available time slots, the ICAVS10 Programme Committee will review all abstracts for oral presentations offering some delegates, who request oral presentations, the option of presenting a poster. The criteria used to assess Abstracts is expected to include:
- Relevance to the theme/topic area and objectives of ICAVS10
- Scientific, technical or industrial merit, originality and interest
- Compliance with the word count and format requirements for Abstracts (detailed in the Abstract Template)
5. Abstract template Oral and poster presenters are required to download and use the ICAVS10 Abstract Template to format their Abstract. Please note: The format of, and instructions for, the template will need to be followed for the abstract to be considered for review. Abstracts must be submitted in Microsoft Word format only.
6. Abstract notification
Authors will be notified of the outcome of the review process before 18 April 2019.